[pianotech] Concert performances (was Simon & Garfunkel piano)

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Sun Jun 28 15:35:59 MDT 2009

This reminds me of the time I was looking for a tuner when Arthur
Rubinstein came to town.  Luckily, a fantastic Russian Piano
technician named Vladimir Oppornockaty was in town and was able to
tune the piano brilliantly!  The concert went off on time and the
piano sounded beautiful!

Since Mr. Rubinstein had  second show the following night, I asked
Vladimir if he could tune again.  He flat out refused me.  I begged
and pleaded, all to no avail.  He just wouldn't do it.  I finally
asked him why...  He said, "Don't you know, Oppornockaty only tunes
once!"

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist!)

:-)

Regards,