[pianotech] Simon and Garfunkel Piano

Ron Overs sec at overspianos.com.au
Sun Jun 28 17:56:51 MDT 2009

At 8:26 PM -0400 27/6/09, Jude Reveley \(Absolute Piano\) wrote:

>FWIW I don't read Ron's post to have anything to do with the tuning
>as it arrived. . . .  I read Ron's comments as more to do with the
>manufacturing end . . .

That is correct Jude.

then;

At 11:05 AM -0400 28/6/09, Jude Reveley \(Absolute Piano\) wrote:
>  the threads often turn into another subject without a title change . . .

Indeed, Paul Williams had posted on cross over problems with examples
of the same model of piano that he was looking after. I was feeling a
bit towy after returning home, having been expected to achieve the
impossible, once again, with a 'dead-duck' piano (but it was still
quacking). Paul's post on the same model piano, in the 'key leveling
topic' - heaven forbid, prompted me to post.

>I have absolutely no problem with Ron O. bringing some attention to
>the bottoming standard of these most representative instruments.

Thank you Jude. My post focused on the piano itself. There was no
comment on the previous tuning work, or the promoter and touring
team. I've worked for this promoter for many years, and the touring
team were also good to work with. The piano had to be tuned twice for
the first performance. The first tuning had largely disappeared by
the time it was tuned again some hours later. I understood that the
problem rested entirely with the piano, and had no bearing on the
previous tuner.

I have responded privately to Mr Wilson.

Ron O.
--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY
    Grand Piano Manufacturers