[pianotech] Damper lift adjustment

Scott Helms, RPT tuner at helmsmusic.net
Mon Jun 29 03:24:05 MDT 2009

Richard,

Since the jig is designed to automatically set the proper lost motion
between the back of the key and the damper lever, it shouldn't matter
whether the felt is on the key or on the lever - space is space,
regardless of whether the "cushion" is at the top of the space or the
bottom. So I would use the jig exactly as you would on any other piano -
set the bottom of the rail to lie on the back of the key at rest, then set
the damper levers at the height of the top of the rail.
--
Scott A. Helms, Registered Piano Technician
www.helmsmusic.net