[pianotech] Simon and Garfunkel: My reply

Brian Wilson pianocare2 at bigpond.com
Mon Jun 29 08:17:37 MDT 2009

Hi All
After I received Jude's email, I re read it several times. I then sent the
complete series to technicians, friends and professional acquaintances not
only in Australia but abroad. I was surprised by the replies that I received
that were contrary to your own thoughts. All replies were that the comments
were rude. So you were a little surprised by my answer. Yes, I was a little
angry probably best described as "poco agitato".
However my reply was not in anger, it was pure and simple sarcasm. I wrote
what I thought. I knew that my post would be read as a terse reply.
 Was I offended by the post? No, I didn't because taking offence is becoming
a victim of others. I don't let that emotion worry me. Was I hypersensitive
or defensive?  The fact the suggestion being made is evidence of other
mindsets and internal programs, not mine. We are all entitled to our own
opinions, are we not, without it becoming something that someone else
constructs through an inaccurate evaluation?
I have received some impolite posts, and I accept that being part of this
group, however when I break your self imposed boundaries, that is
unacceptable?
I have also received some private emails and this list has also provided
that Jude is a decent man, and I accept that on this list's recommendations.

I also apologise for the blanked out profanity. I consider it impolite to
others who may not appreciate this language.
By the way, I have tried to write this in a form of English that is without
any local expressions, so that there is no misunderstanding.
Regards
Brian Wilson