[pianotech] Database for Piano Business

Al Guecia/AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 4 16:08:01 PST 2009

Dave, maybe it's the way I use Outlook.

1, I set up my clients into 3 categories, a) Red Flag: customers who tune on
a regular basis, b) Grey flag: Customers who are overdue. c) No Flag:
Customer who are over 1 year overdue. I can also make a note on the flag as
to the tuning interval I want to set up. (3 months, 4 months, 6 months,
etc.)

2, I set up an alarm for when the next tuning is due. No need to use the
calendar to set up reminders. Each month on the first (that's the way I set
it up) my alarm comes up with all the customers that are due to be tuned
that month.

3, All my customer information is on one page. No need to go into the "note"
portion.

4, I hit one button and it take me to MS Maps and Directions with the
customers address already entered for directions.

I guess Outlook works better for my style of setup. I couldn't get T & C to
do that.

Al