[pianotech] Database for Piano Business

Roy roy.peters at mindspring.com
Thu Mar 5 12:15:36 PST 2009

A few years ago I migrated away from PTBiz.  You could only export a CSV file using Mailmerge if you had the latest version of the program.  The frustrating thing was that once I decided to use something else, I had to upgrade PTBiz in order to be able to export the customer information.  The guy wouldn't help me out otherwise.  This was when he had the USB Hasp as a key for access to the program.   But, in the end I decided that it was going to be less expensive than to manually enter everything.  I grumbled, but I paid.

I am now using Outlook and Quikbooks, and find that they work well for me.  Intuit seems to update Quikbooks, and try to sell you a new version, every year.  The newer versions sync your customer information with Outlook.

Terry initially asked about being able to sync calendars remotely, right?  I looked into Google Calendar once.  It might be set up to do what you want.

Regards,
Roy Peters
Cincinnati, Ohio