[pianotech] Grand piano truck and sound

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Fri Mar 6 06:43:29 PST 2009

Absolutely.  Our D has been modified to have the large brass casters and it really helped.  Our B in the small recital hall is on a dolly and I know it would be better with the other wheels.

Several years ago we had complaints from people next to the piano teaching studios that the sound was interfering in the adjacent rooms.  We put either full dollies or those 3-wheel caster cups under those pianos and it really did help - decoupling them from the floor.

dp

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu