[pianotech] Letoff Rack, Buy One or Build One?

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 6 12:34:48 PST 2009

I find after 40 years in this business and never (well hardly ever) having
need of a letoff rack that I now need one on a semi-regular basis. In the
past when I did  grand regulations, I did the letoff adjustment in the piano
as I was taught to do and probably still will on some. Mostly those with
reshaped hammers and worn actions.

I find I'm doing more hammer and shank/flange replacement jobs where I could
more comfortably do much of the regulation on the bench, if I had a letoff
rack.

Having no experience with one I do not know what features (are there
features?) to look for, which of the models is best or is this a simple
enough tool that I can make it myself.

I am very open to advice from all.

Thank you,

Mike

--
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404