[pianotech] Tunic Onlypure Tuner

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sat Mar 7 12:10:05 PST 2009

Hi John.

You'll have to write Stopper to see if he is still selling aural
licenses.  You can get well into the ballpark by setting D3 and A4 to
440, tune D4 to a pure 6:3 octave to D3 and the same for A3 to A4.
Fudge both A3 and D4 equally to get an acceptable 4th... then temper the
rest of notes in between D3 and A4 accordingly to fit.

Once thats done from D#3 upwards use the major 6th and double 10th
comparison to achieve P-12ths all the way to the top.  You can similarly
tune downwards with P12ths until things start sounding a bit tight
(narrow, tense).. then use 6:1 or 6:2 aural tests the rest of the way down.

Cheers
RicB

     > Bottom line... fwiw... I recommend ETD enthusiasts who just want
    the tool
     > and not the head scratching everywhere to purchase Stoppers
    software. No
     > other ETD will automatically do this tuning for you, and its
    worth having...
     > whichever way you do it.
     >
     > Cheers
     > RicB

And for the aural enthusiasts?  Are the aural instructions available
anywhere in English?
--
JF