[pianotech] Epoxy

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Sun Mar 8 12:49:57 PDT 2009

Thanks Jim
? Dale

-----

Not Rot Doctor, but 've used and experimented with CPES Penetrating Epoxy Sealer. Its a 2 part, supposed epoxy, full of nasty solvents. Its very thin viscosity and soaks into endgrain and face grain completely. I had great hopes for its potential ability to "get in there" and stop moisture movement.? However in my tests, without following it with a thicker bodied epoxy or paint,? standing water quite happily migrated right into the wood rather quickly. Shellac was a much better end grain sealer.

I'm curious what article Del is refering to...I'd like to check it out.

Jim?