[pianotech] Tunic Onlypure Tuner

Bernhard Stopper b98tu at t-online.de
Sun Mar 8 14:08:52 PDT 2009

A 3/1 duodecime i mention the 3rd partial of one note with the
fundamental of the 12th above.
This includes inharmonicity between those two partials but does not
mean that that duodecime is aurally pure, as the same is true for a
2/1 octave mentions the second partial of one note to fundamental of
the octave above includes inharmonicity between that partials, but
that octave is also not an aural pure octave, because of the higher
partials.
The duodecime used in my tunings is aurally pure (that means slightly
expanded beyound the 3/1 definition), as aural tuners who do not
distinct between octave types describe purity with a "sweet spot"
octave.

Bernhard Stopper