[pianotech] Aurally pure octaves

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Mon Mar 9 04:02:26 PDT 2009

Sure, sure.

I've not met Virgil either.  And, I don't really have firsthand knowledge of
how he describes what he does.  I would certainly never suggest that anyone
not try to describe what they do because it would confuse things.  I think
that idea is central to learning and growth, and conceptually would never
suggest any such thing.  Occasionally, I've run into folks who use a
different verbiage than what is commonly used when they teach, and even less
occasionally, those same folks simply refuse commonly accepted definitions
of the trade.  I believe that type of resistance is troublesome and should
be avoided.  To be clear, not knowing how Virgil teaches, I'm not trying to
draw any specific parallels here.

William R. Monroe