[pianotech] Tunic Onlypure Tuner

Jeff Deutschle oaronshoulder at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 05:51:14 PDT 2009

Has anyone else ever made a 12ths spanner and aurally tuned a P12th
temperament with it? I could only hear the 6:2 twelfth, and find a
sweet stop, in the bass. For the rest of the piano I tuned 3:1
twelfths because that was all that could be heard. And I have no idea
what the three note intervals with cancelling beats may sound like.
When I tried it, I ended up with nearly pure fourths and fifths, and
finally tuned a slightly wide temperament using my usual sequence,
that resulted in P12ths. When I really think about it, how could equal
beating intervals guarantee ET?

--
Regards,
Jeff Deutschle