[pianotech] Clarification on P-12ths

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Tue Mar 10 01:48:41 PDT 2009

Bernard

At this point, I consider my hands more then clean.  You, on the other
hand continue to distort things, despite your promise yesterday on the
phone.

Number 1: It was YOU who brought Andre into this discussion a few years
back and not me. You did so to show how I must have gotten the whole
idea from you. Its in the archives and by now you should know that I'm
rather good at digging this stuff up.

Number 2: I did not this morning confirm anything this morning with
André that is anything else then perfect truth. We did not talk about
you or the P12ths and I have no reason to doubt André's word about where
he learned anything. I know André to be an honorable man.

Since You've spent the last few days trying to convince everyone how
different my P-12ths approach is to yours one has to wonder what the
frog this is all about to begin with. And if it IS essentially the same
thing... why all the BS about it being different ?  Your software is
still quite safe and protected and viable on its own.

Every tuner has the right to follow up his/her own leads and develop
their own ideas as they see fit. I have shown quite clearly that my
development was completely independent from you and that the greater
subject matter of P12ths tuning concept which predates your specific
implementation is what has influenced me. Because of this, and because
my own work has been open source and totally non commercial from day one
I am under no legal or moral responsibility to pay more regard to your
work then I already have. Quite the opposite... I've gone above and
beyond whats required of me in both regards. Because of this, your
continued accusations as to proprietary violations are ridiculous as
well you know.

Now,  I've done my bit in regard to all this. I've dipped my head to
your prior work in more then appropriate fashion and wish both you and
your software success.... but beyond that I have no responsibilities of
any sort whatsoever to you.  Your <<needs>> for recognition beyond this
point are your own affair.

For my part... this particular tangent discussion is at an end.

Cheers
RicB