[pianotech] Aurally pure octaves

Jim Moy jim at moypiano.com
Tue Mar 10 09:10:12 PDT 2009

Also, the February 2009 issue of the PTG Journal devotes the entire
"Letters to the Editor" section to a letter from Virgil, on this
precise subject.  As a relative newcomer to the PTG, I find this
approach fascinating, though mysterious.  I have not yet discovered a
method to make the leap from tuning by partials, to tuning by 'natural
beats.'  I guess I will keep tuning, and prodding around the outside
the shell of this conundrum until I make some sort of breakthrough.

Jim