[pianotech] SAT IV

petercstevenson at telus.net petercstevenson at telus.net
Tue Mar 10 13:34:29 PDT 2009

I bought one at the convention in California.
I'm still a student, and I haven't tried out other ETDs so I can't give
a very good review. I did have one out-of-the-box problem - the
temperament sequences and historic temperaments weren't loaded on the
unit. After a couple phone calls and emails to Paul I was able to load
them from the Piano Librarian software that came with the program. The
software's documentation is a little lacking, but other than that, I've
been quite happy with it so far. And of course Paul was very courteous
and helpful.
I decided to go with the SAT because I wanted a standalone tuner and
didn't want to have to deal with Microsoft or Hewlett-Packard. Although
I feel I can trust that Paul Sanderson and Dean Reyburn have my best
interests in mind, I just don't trust the big guys.
Anyways, like I said, so far, it's working great for me.
 Peter Stevenson