[pianotech] need help in Belgium

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Wed Mar 11 08:55:28 PDT 2009

Hey listers----
Can we get this guy some help? Sounds like he'd be a grateful and
happy client....
David A.

"My particular situation here in Belgium is far less comfortable.
There are hardly any competent independant technicians at hand, most
technicians being employed by dealers are dealers providing the
technical service themselves.
As an example I bought an Estonia 168 some 3 months ago and
'misjugdged' the competencies of this only Estonia dealer in the
country.
Result even the minor regulation jobs that need to be done will
effectively be done - if all goes well - 4 months after delivery of
the instrument and still we are not talking about bringing the
instrument to it's full potential!
E.g an 'oinking' problem on some trichord dampers needs to be fixed.
Dealers doesn't know what to do, hesitates, considers several
solutions, didn't do anything so far, doesn't want to lose controll
over the issue by having it mended by a third party and will now take
the piano back to his workshop next week to have a look at it together
with a colleague tech. Just dreadful.

I know of a very good tech in Germany who could take care of all these
issue in just a couple of hours. Only for every - say 3 hrs job at my
home - I would have to pay him 7 hrs travel expenses. An option for an
immergency operation perhaps but not for the future long term
maintenance of a piano.

Piano life is not ideal anywhere in the world!

You do not happen to know by coincidence a good tech in Belgium do you?
Kind regards,
Luc (schwammerl), Belgium"