[pianotech] Securing Pianos to the floor

JimWilsonian at aol.com JimWilsonian at aol.com
Wed Mar 11 10:27:02 PDT 2009

Thanks Wim, James & Rob for the suggestions. . . . (Rob, no more posting
after 1am for you!   haha...   Next time I'll remember to specify just what kind
of ship I mean.)
Jim

A number of years ago I served as navigator on a class II star cruiser in
the Delta Quadrant. To keep the piano secured to the bulkhead in the
captain's lounge we used an anti-grav harness which drew it's power directly
from the warp field generators. Even when encountering a level 5 ion storm
the piano stood fast. I'll admit there were a few times when we went through
some intense subspace interference on the outskirts of the Talagious-3
system, but the piano barely moved more then a few microns. I would highly
recommend using a portable gravitational flux field inducer, it's the only
way to reliably secure a piano on a ship.

I have no idea why this is funny, it must have something to do with the fact
that it's after 1:00 am and ST-Voyager just ended.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in
just 2 easy steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219671244x1201345076/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D66
8072%26hmpgID%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)