[pianotech] #2 Soundboard Wood

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Wed Mar 11 16:50:59 PDT 2009

Roseland made such a panel that we put in a D (the rest of the board and installation on that job was by Nick G.).  Sounds great, without any cracks or even a hint of compression ridges after several years.  Our RH swings from months below 30% (often hovering in the teens for weeks on end) in the winter to 60% or more in the summer.  So far so good!

Alan Eder

 I have also seen a grand (the name of
which I can't recall) that used a modified form of tongue & groove butt
joint