[pianotech] #2 Soundboard Wood

jim ialeggio jimialeggio at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 07:28:31 PDT 2009

It would be interesting to go to the local lumberyard, pick out a 2x12
spruce/pine/fir plank with straight grain and pith running through the
center of the board, 10-12 growth rings lines per inchish (easily achievable
in 2nd growth stock), rip the quarter sawn segments away from the pith, dry
the sucker and make a soundboard...kind of like the sacred Koto my brother
and I made in our wasted youth...out of cdx plywood.

Jim

--
grandpianosolutions.com
Shirley, MA  (978) 425-9026