[pianotech] S&S action rail replacements?

jim ialeggio jimialeggio at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 07:34:45 PDT 2009

I have an S&S "A"  action key and action reprortion project (aka Bruce
Clark's protocol) for which I'm replacing beat whippen and hammer rails.  It
would certainly save time and $ to order pre-bored rails from Steinway. My
sense though is that I will be sorry for that, as the bore locations of
contemporary manufacture will most likely not match 1890 locations.

Any experience on this?  Is is possible the bore locations would be remotely
acceptable?

Jim
--
grandpianosolutions.com