[pianotech] S&S action rail replacements?

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Thu Mar 12 10:01:13 PDT 2009

Jim:

I've worked with John Dewey here in Illinois and his work is quite good.

Paul

In a message dated 3/12/2009 9:35:30 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
jimialeggio at gmail.com writes:

I have  an S&S "A"  action key and action reprortion project (aka Bruce
Clark's protocol) for which I'm replacing beat whippen and hammer rails.   It
would certainly save time and $ to order pre-bored rails from Steinway. My  sense
though is that I will be sorry for that, as the bore locations of
contemporary manufacture will most likely not match 1890 locations.

Any  experience on this?  Is is possible the bore locations would be remotely
 acceptable?

Jim
--
_grandpianosolutions.com_ (http://grandpianosolutions.com/)