[pianotech] Rogers & Son revisited

Arlie Rauch adarpub at midrivers.com
Fri Mar 13 07:37:09 PDT 2009

I'm trying to get some background on the Rogers & Son 4' 9" grand I
recently obtained.  No information except the name and SN 192137.  On
the lowest bass key in pencil is written 12-25 and on the next key
something like W I.  Is that a tuner's signature, or is it a
manufacturing signature?  The jacks have spoons that extend to catch
the regulating buttons.  "Thayer Action" is written on the action.
The piano seems to be in fairly good shape, but it is very dirty.

Doing a Google search, I did find someone with another of these who
seems to live in the UK.  So far I have not been able to contact that
person to see if they have any further information.  Anyone every
heard or seen one of these?

Arlie Rauch
Glendive, MT