[pianotech] Aurally pure octaves

Ron Koval drwoodwind at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 13 10:35:55 PDT 2009

I too, am glad to have this discussion swirling.  It's the basis for how I
match the "box" to the piano that's in front of me...  And also at the core
of how I can believe that with "musical" skills alone and familiarity of an
excellent electronic tool, any tech should be able to achieve top-level
tunings.

As the local gear head, I guess it's up to me to challenge David Anderson
when he states about an unusual piano tuning (every string is one octave
lower than normal) :

"I realized yesterday that the way I tune is the only way you could
possibly do this work. ETD? Forget it."

And how could you realize that?  What are your ETD credentials?

It'll be a pleasure to finally meet you and sit down over a piano...  First drink on me?

Ron Koval
Chicagoland