[pianotech] #2 Soundboard Wood

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Fri Mar 13 12:16:26 PDT 2009

Hi Dale,

If memory serves, Steingraeber does crown their ribs.

Alan Eder

I recently played a 7 ft Steingraebber at David Andersen. I don't play well but this thing sucked the music out of my finger tips. It was ethereal & glorious. If I had money I would have bought the piano quit my job & taken piano lesson. Truly my tonal pocket. Very tight grain panel. 25 per inch. By the way.. I have this reaction to all the Steingraebbers I've played.

  Interestingly, speaking to UDO Steingraebber last year,said they glue there bridge on first in some form of curved caul to the board obviously subscribing to the theory of the bridge being a long supporting member(or double crowning) Then the ribs go on. I don't know if crowned or flat.