[pianotech] key position at rest

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sun Mar 15 02:40:28 PDT 2009

Thanks both William for the article pointer and Nick for the link.  I'll
have to spend some time this evening reviewing both in a bit of detail.
Been so wrapped up in a rather straight forward Stannwoodish approach
these past years I've let this kind of information slide by me.  Reminds
me how much there is always to learn... and to keep track of.

Grin.... and some folks think we must have this boring kind of job.  I
mean reallly. !

Just to keep this up for a bit longer... seems like good arguments have
been made for the tilted capstan... If someone bothers to rehash quickly
for the rest of us, why is the standard today then perpendicular to the
key ?

Cheers
RicB