[pianotech] VS Profelt on Dampers?

Steve Blasyak atuneforyou at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 12:46:28 PDT 2009

Hey Now,

A few weeks back I posted the question about VS Profelt on damper felt. I
got one or two responses from people who have tried it I think. the only
thing I remember is I was assured they would not explode!!! Well I posed the
question to Bob at Pianotek and he said they has received great reviews for
using the VS Profelt for that purpose. He said to soak the damper felt right
in the piano and use the strings as a caul to reform the felt. Let it dry
over night.

Well I just thought I'd throw it out there as a follow up. I have not tried
it yet.

Steve Blasyak
Orange County Chapter

Pura Vida