[pianotech] key position at rest

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at verizon.net
Mon Mar 16 06:54:21 PDT 2009

I'm not John, but I would really like to tell you.  An involute is the
curve traced by the end of a string being unwound from a circle or other
curve.  Nick Gravagne recently gave us a link to the Wikipedia article
on involute gears; gear teeth are usually shaped to the involute of a
circle.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Involute_gear
Here's the related link to an article that also talks about involutes of
curves other than circles:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Involute

Too much information?  Yeah, I suppose it is, but it seems to me that
it's worthwhile to make an effort to use the language correctly,
especially when dealing with technical issues.

cheers

Mike