[pianotech] high leverage action

Gene Nelson nelsong at intune88.com
Tue Mar 17 08:56:53 PDT 2009

Re: [pianotech] high leverage action

  >With the whippen rail aligned so that the whippen flange centers
  >are not on a parallel line to the capstans ?

  Whenever I encounter this misalignment (which is quite often),
  I relocate the stack such that the whippen ratio is the same
  across the compass.

  **** Great, more surgery - I love it.

  As far as locating the whippen heel, if the location you desire
  does not coincide with the default hole, cut off the dowel and
  place the heel where you wish. First glue on to the ends of
  each section (measure each from the front) and glue on
  the rest by aligning with a straightedge, much like hanging hammers.

  **** Slaps head - dowell is not a permanent structure - thanks for that.

  Gene

  Actually, the dowel usually just pulls out with these nifty pliers:
  http://tinyurl.com/cc9j4z
  As Roger Jolly says, they're great for damper work.
--

  Regards,

  Jon Page