[pianotech] high leverage action

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Tue Mar 17 22:54:51 PDT 2009

At Mr. Stanwood's Malibu PTD training a couple weeks ago, he gave us a
quick and foolproof way to assess ratio by weight in the field. I'll
divulge the exact protocol tomorrow when I see my notes. Even better:
Maestro? Are you lurking? Can you give the exact protocol, please?

When you have "snapshots" of both weight and distance numbers, you can
then calculate the action's efficiency ratio---please see Stanwood's
intentional, custom, and precise, all in the name of artist
inspiration. Hallelujah.
David A.