[pianotech] Perfect Pitch / Children

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at att.net
Wed Mar 18 15:46:46 PDT 2009

Is there really such a thing as "perfect" pitch?  Is there anyone who is, perfect?

I think individuals possess "relative" pitch, such as you described people being able to name notes played on a piano, or to be able to sight sing.  But to have perfect pitch, to me, would mean they would have to be able to tell you the cents sharp or flat a particular note is, without looking.

IMHO!

TODD PIANO WORKS
Matthew Todd, Piano Technician
(979) 248-9578