[pianotech] Disklavier help

David Doremus algiers_piano at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 19 05:44:49 PDT 2009

Conrad Hoffsommer wrote:
> Folks,
>
> We just got a donation of a 2001 Yamaha MX1Z, 121cm, with Disklavier.
> The box that plugs in calls itself a DKC 500RW XG.
>
> The above is more than I know, already.  Can someone direct me to a
> website where I can easily determine exactly what it is we have here
> and find appropriate manuals?
>
> Kinda hard to determine if it works right if I have no idea what it's
> supposed to do...
Conrad, call Yamaha. It'll take some time to get through but they are
unfailingly nice and very helpful.
1-800-854-1569, listen carefully to the menu which has recently changed.
I think they are open at 8:30 Pacific. THe service manuals will not help
with what it's supposed to do, the owners manuals are thick and, I
think, convoluted. Be prepared to spend some time reading.

--Dave
  New Orleans