[pianotech] Polyester Finishing

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Thu Mar 19 17:21:55 PDT 2009

Joe,

Thanks for the warning.  Indeed, I've been using an electric buffer
(milwaukee - good quality so it can't create a fire, right?  <G>)  I'd hate
to look like Wile E.  I'm such a looker as it is.  <G><G>

Marc suggests there isn't fire danger, anything to add to that?  I'm all for
not taking chances, but also prefer to operate with clear knowledge rather
than suspicion (if I have it - which at this point I don't).

I do have a large enough compressor, but would rather not spring for a new
buffer - not to mention the ever popular, "WHAT DID YOU SAY, MY COMPRESSOR
IS RUNNING" syndrome.

Awaiting more information.

William R. Monroe

 MINERAL SPIRITS ARE NOT FLAMMABLE. They are combustible - flash point is