[pianotech] Fujan tuning hammer review

PJR pryan2 at the-beach.net
Sat Mar 21 05:20:42 PDT 2009

Hi Michael,

Great article on the Fujan!   As someone who just a week ago received
the new Fujan hammer,  let me say that the Fujan hammer is an awesome
tool, but my first impression is that it is very hard on the hand.  I 'm
not happy with the fact that you are gripping cold, hard steel rather
than a softer wood, fiberglass or rubberized handle.  If there has to be
some flexing, I would like it to be between the handle and my hand.  The
thin "plastic" coating on the carbon steel rod is not sufficient for a
cushion for me.    Have others found this to be a problem?

Another concern is that the 11" handle with the ball stretches my tool
case to its limit.  I know I can correct this with the 9" handle howerver.

Phil Ryan
Miami Beach