[pianotech] squeaking leather key bushings

Dave Davis dave at davispiano.com
Sat Mar 21 09:51:39 PDT 2009

Steve Brady introduced me to Ballistol a couple of years ago. Even though I respect him highly as a technician, I have sparingly used it here & there and have been impressed with it (plus it smells good!). I have added it to the magic liquids in my tool kit.

I have heard that Bosendorfer recommends Ballistol to lube leather keybushings, but have not confirmed it.

Best regards,
Dave Davis
Davis Piano Service
425-226-0102