[pianotech] squeaking leather key bushings

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 11:58:43 PDT 2009

I have to admit I'm not sure of the long term effectiveness, but I have not
found the protek products to be a real long term solution either. The fact
that German technicians have used it for decades gives me some consolation.
In regards to leather the following is taken from the Ballistol website:

*Leather*
*BALLISTOL* effectively protects leather against getting hard and dry,
against water, insects and fungi. Residues of tannic acid in leather will be
neutralised. Dry leather softens and gets elastic again with a dull shine.
Bright leather can get darker. The typically smell of *BALLISTOL* will
evaporate quickly. There will be no greasy film an the leather.

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT
Puget Sound Chapter