[pianotech] Point of contact between capstan and wippen heel

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Tue Mar 24 07:27:59 PDT 2009

  Frank/Dave
  Perhaps we'll ahve to discard the involute theory as a simple model to help us think about this but Even so I visually see way less rubbing frictions with the angled capstan than many other conventional capstan set ups. I also would think that a wider faced capstan such as the old Stwy type would resist indentation some & provide a larger bearing surface to support the action weight/force in general.
 Thats  my story...sticking to it. lol
 Dale