[pianotech] nineteen note temperament

Jim jim at jimkinnear.com
Tue Mar 24 09:13:50 PDT 2009

Why ???
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Greg Hollister
  To: pianotech at ptg.org
  Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 12:07 PM
  Subject: [pianotech] nineteen note temperament

        I have a client who wants to experiment with a nineteen note
temperament on an old piano. He purchased the piano for this purpose and
has no illusions about what such an undertaking would do to it . The basic
math involved is explained online but I'm wondering how feasible the whole
idea is.  My apologies to all scale designers out there.   Greg Hollister
RPT