[pianotech] CA glue vs. PinTite or Garfield's?

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Tue Mar 24 10:49:15 PDT 2009

<< CA glue with relatively good results. After sitting in on one of Ed
Dryburg's seminars at a convention I've been using his method to treat pinblocks
when necessary. I'm fairly pleased with the results--and I particularly like that
the results are almost immediate. But in speaking with other techs, a lot of
them use PinTite or Garfield's, and they SWEAR by it.  >>

     Let them swear! And then let them tune their results.
     Other than CA, all of the pin tightening fluids I encountered left a
greasy, vague, spongy feeling in the block.  I was never comfortable that the
string was actually anchored, since it was difficult to tell when the pin began
to move.
   I have used CA a lot, and it is head and shoulders above anything else I
have seen.  I like the #10 water thin from Stewart-Macdonald guitar supply.
Hope that helps.

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours
in just 2 easy steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220085203x1201389322/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%
3D668072%26hmpgID%3D62%26bcd%3DMarchfooterNO62)</HTML>