[pianotech] Increasing bridge height

Will Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Wed Mar 25 03:42:34 PDT 2009

Hi Jude:

Your comments seem fair and appropriate - we always should try to be aware
of the impact the changes we make in a piano are going to have elsewhere.
It is important to proceed with educated caution, or not - there are enough
problems in the work we do without us creating new ones, what I call the
"Oh, S-t", factor.

Though your response may technically correct, I am gathering from others
that they do not regard such changes (within the parameters we have been
discussing) as to be meaningfully significant, and their end results don't
seem to indicate that the action has been compromised.

Still, I would want to ask you HOW you would go about determining beforehand
that you will be on reasonably safe ground in the action before proceeding
to make changes at the bridge as discussed.

Much thanks to you for your contributions to this thread.

Will