[pianotech] Managing agraffes was Increasing bridge height

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Wed Mar 25 19:01:32 PDT 2009

Will:

I've asked this question of many, and have never received a response that
really made sense. Why replace the agraffes? Are they breaking? Are they
damaged? Are they improper?

You should have to do with new agraffes what you would have to do with the
old ones--prepare the radius of the contact surface. It's tedious work, but
pays  off. Unless there is damage to the agraffes, the brass is just fine--it's a
very  stable alloy.

I'm not saying don't do it, just wondering why you find it necessary.

Paul

In a message dated 3/25/2009 6:47:47 P.M. Central Daylight Time,