[pianotech] tips, tuning pin ends

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 20:12:41 PDT 2009

Excellent observation, David.

Now that we have a plethora of fine, expensive, tuning levers to choose
from, I'd like to see some custom made tips! It's Ironic that we spend all
this money on the wrench but still have to put the same old tips on it - and
the tip has a huge impact on the feel of the lever! It reminds me of the old
saying: Measure with a micrometer, mark it with chalk, cut it with a
chainsaw!

We might be better off with a cheap lever and about 10 different head/tip
combinations to get the best fit on the pin.

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT
Puget Sound Chapter