[pianotech] mileage tracking

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Wed Mar 25 20:47:39 PDT 2009

According to my son, a CPA who does my taxes. all you need to do is record your mileage on Jan 1, and again on Dec. 31. Estimate that you drive 80% for business, and multiply it times the the figure allowed. But, you also have to keep a record of your appointments. If the IRS doesn't believe you, it will be their responsibility to do the math, so to speak. They cannot make you do it. That would be considered self incrimination.

Wim