[pianotech] Disklavier help

ChicagoTuner at aol.com ChicagoTuner at aol.com
Wed Mar 25 23:02:31 PDT 2009

Conrad,
            As  best as I can remember, yes, you should pursue 'normal' specs
for reg. The  biggest exception is the letoff on the silent players. Those
pianos should have  a plaque showing the proper letoff for that model. The Disks
I used to see, at a  dealer that is now gone, were pretty neat out of the
factory. That one sounds  rather messed up.
Michael
Chicago

In a message dated 3/25/2009 12:16:42 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
hoffsoco at luther.edu writes:

heee's  baaaack...

On 3/19/09, John Ross <jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca>  wrote:
> I notice some manuals are available in PDF form, from the  Yamaha site.
> John Ross

I finally got time to get at the  Disklavier...  (C7 done)

I finally found the right site to  download and print off all the PDF
files for the beastie. Thanks, all, for  all the help.

This thing dates from 2001, but I don't think any  technician has
opened it since.

Dampers are lifting IMMEDIATELY, and  lost motion allows for checking
about 1/8" off the rebound rail!  A  real heavy marshmallow feel. ;-{

The piano identifies itself as a  MX1Z.   May I assume that the piano
should be regulated according  to "normal"  specs? I don't see anything
in those Disklavier manuals  re: piano regs.

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT
Luther  College