[pianotech] tips, tuning pin ends

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Thu Mar 26 08:08:56 PDT 2009

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Porritt, David
  To: pianotech at ptg.org
  Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 10:40 AM
  Subject: Re: [pianotech] tips, tuning pin ends

  I would suspect, however, that tuning tips are made with more precise equipment than tuning pins.  The machining seen on tips certainly appears to be nicer than tuning pins that appear to have been rods cut to length and mashed by a big press.

  dp

  David M. Porritt, RPT

  David,

  You must have not seen a tip from our friends in the big house from Chicago. Sent one back recently ..

      Tom d.