[pianotech] Kimball action bracket screws

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Fri Mar 27 13:07:46 PDT 2009

Chuck ,
Whilst pitch raising a 79' Kimball console today----BANG--a  tenor string broke.Recalling our recent thread  I started laughing when I noticed those funky looking  phillips screws. They came out with a less than ideal fit with my regular old Schaff phillips-combo handle tool . I did take Wims advice and applied  some VJ and made sure I heard-felt the backwards click before turning them in.If I had the thing in the shop I would replace the screws with a better quality  steel screw but they went in ok.
Tom Driscoll