[pianotech] Fixing stripped screws

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 27 19:40:26 PDT 2009

I rarely use alcohol/water because I have no idea what is going to happen.   Now, maybe, you can enlighten me on the perfect alcohol/water solution...heat?   I've got cheap vodka in my car in case Protek/Goose Juice doesn't free up the action.   The problem for me is often the action will seize up and need some time to dry (read...overnight...not practical)...light heat from a hair dryer can speed things up but too many times I've had loose centers...most of the time Protek/Goose frees up the action.   Vertegri will usually need treatment at every service until new parts.
David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA 94044