[pianotech] agraffe leveling

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Fri Mar 27 21:41:45 PDT 2009

That sounds like really thin paper, Joe.  :^)

Truth be told, common copy paper measures about .003"  and business
card stock  is .01".  (actually more like .004" and .013 ) .  A factor
of 10 is a big difference.  But I agree that we don't need to, or
hardly can, level to the thousandths of an inch.

When working with any level, be sure to rotate it 180 degrees to see if
you are getting the same bubble position each time.  If you are not,
there is something wrong with the level's reading.

Jurgen Goering