[pianotech] Strange Green Powder

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Sat Mar 28 08:43:51 PDT 2009

My dear Southern Brothers -

Would anyone from Florida or Louisiana (or other) have any idea of
the origin of an unusual lime-ish green powder that seems to have
been distributed over the hammers and dampers of a Baldwin Acrosonic
that I looked at yesterday?  The piano lived, previously in the those
states.  It does not seem to relate to any copper oxidation (the
strings are fine), nor to any abraided felts (there is nothing else
of that color).  Could it have been some bug or mildew
treatment?  I'd like to know, before I try tasting it.  Thanks

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY