[pianotech] Fixing stripped screws

Elwood Doss edoss at utm.edu
Sat Mar 28 20:39:36 PDT 2009

Now Ron, I'm known for being a little slow.  I can easily see how you
use a toothpick because you stick some glue on it and insert it in the
hole.  It goes on one side of the hole and closes up the hole some.  Now
with leather do you cut a thin strip like a toothpick, put glue on it
and insert it?  Do you make a funnel with the glue on the outside and
slip it in the hole?  Just how does one make this repair?  See, I am
slow....but I do get there!  Best personal regards!
Joy!
Elwood

Elwood Doss, Jr., M.M.E., RPT
Piano Technician/Technical Director